APC Ltd is an award-winning and rapidly growing science- and technology-driven pharmaceutical process research company. In the space of 5 years, we have pioneered innovation in the sector and we now partner with 8 of the top-10 pharma and 5 of the top-10 biotech firms in the world.
From our world-class facility, we offer specialised chemical and process engineering solutions. Powered by novel technology and world-class scientific research, we help companies accelerate the development & launch of their medicines.
Our rapid growth has come from a commitment to excellence, a drive to innovate and the desire to develop a challenging, creative and rewarding environment for our team. If you are interested in a career focused on technical innovation, technology design and impact, we would love to hear from you.
Current Open Roles in APC:
Analytical Scientist 2
The role of the Analytical Scientist II is to provide analytical support, guidance and oversight to bio/pharmaceutical process research and development projects and activities within APC’s large/small molecule commercial projects portfolio. The Analytical Scientist II will work closely with groups of engineers, chemists and other analytical scientist, who are in collaboration on research projects as part of a team to enable the successful deployment and execution of APC’s ACHIEVE and BIOACHIEVE platforms. The Analytical Scientist II will also provide mentorship, where applicable, to more junior analytical scientist and represent the APC values in all day to day interactions, both internally and externally.
- Responsible for sample preparation, running, data analysis and reporting of results of analytical analysis for multiple R&D projects in accordance with supplied client guidelines/protocols.
- Work collaboratively with project team (scientists/engineers) to ensure both in process and final product analytical testing is carried out in a timely manner to ensure project deadlines are achieved.
- Carry out a technical transfer of analytical project methods and clarify any issues with AS3 and/or Senior AS internally and/or AS externally as required at the beginning of projects, highlight any potential issues/questions that may need to be addressed.
- Carries out equipment ownership responsibilities for assigned equipment, problem solves, develops solutions for issues and escalates to AS3 or Senior AS as required.
- Demonstrate competency in the running and analysis of different analytical techniques e.g. HPLC, UPLC, GC (HS), DSC, TGA, XRD, Malvern, SEM, microscopy electrophoretic techniques such as capillary electrophoresis, imaged CIEF, SDS-PAGE, 2D-PAGE and Western blotting, HPLC/UPLC methods for protein characterisation including reversed phase impurities assays, peptide mapping, glycan analysis, aggregates analysis (SEC) and charged variant analysis, immunoassays (ELISA), qPCR and flow cytometry, and other related analytical equipment as necessary for each project.
- Proficiency in at least one analytical area e.g. wet chemistry techniques, Chromatography, solid state analytics, PAT (Process Analytical Technology), ELISAs, electrophoretic techniques, protein characterisation.
- Prepare technical presentations and report material, and present the issues, results and project progress across multiple clients as required. Ensure all data compiled meets GLP standards.
- Ensure the operation to GLP standard within a R&D laboratory is maintained at all times.
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to in line with relevant local and legal requirements.
- Based on needs, develop and introduce new techniques, methods and processes to improve business effectiveness.
- Support the training and development of team members – scientists/engineers
- Ensure all laboratory procedures are adhered to e.g. removal of expired material and reagents, disposal of waste, movement of client samples etc.
- Liaise with the Laboratory Manager as required to maintain a shared awareness of the issues requiring attention within the laboratories.
You will have:
- Minimum of 1-2 + years industry experience in pharmaceutical process research and development (if PhD qualified); or
- Minimum of 3-4 + years industry experience (if Masters qualified); or
- Minimum of 4 + years industry experience (if Bachelors qualified).
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry/Analytical Science or related area or
- Masters in Analytical Chemistry/Analytical Science or related area; or
- Bachelors in Analytical Chemistry/Analytical Science or related area.
How to Apply:
Suitable candidates should submit a CV and a Cover Letter by close of business, Friday 11th January 2019 via the below link.
The salary is negotiable and dependent on the experience of the successful candidate.